About Me

My photo
Certified PreK-6. Masters in Child Development. Advocate for play, teacher & children choice, & the family's voice. Believe in volunteering as social justice.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What Happens After 3 Months of Visiting a Tree

For the past three months, the little people and I have been building a relationship with the big tree down the block.  We spent a lot of time sketching, sculpting, and enjoying the tree.  As I am working on a documentation panel of the experience, I was struck by the beauty of the little people's representations and the thoughtful expressions shown in the photos of them at work.  I think that the children's work samples and photos tell the story much better than I ever could...so enjoy!




Clay Representations



















Bark Rubbings with Graphite Sticks






Individual Sketches from Months of September, October, and November








 










No comments:

Post a Comment